No products in the cart
returns, refunds and warranty
This Returns, Refunds and Warranty Policy applies to Savrands CC T/A Interiors and any of its subsidiaries – referred to as “Interiors” “We“, “our” and “us” in this Policy. By using this site, you agree to the Returns, Refunds and Warranty Policy of this website (www.interiors.co.za), which is set out on this website page.
RETURN OF GOODS
1. Goods may only be returned in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (Act No. 68 of 2008) (CPA). If you are entitled in law to return goods, then and in line with the Consumer Protection Act, 2008, a handling fee of up to 15% of the value of the goods may be charged when the product/ packaging is not returned in its original purchase condition.
1.1. Non-returnable/ non-refundable items:
1.1.1. Delivery and or installation costs;
1.1.2. Digital content; and
1.1.3. Any damaged or abused items.
2. Under no circumstances will we accept returned goods where the consumer has been allowed to inspect the goods before the purchase and subsequently changed his/ her mind about the goods; they have damaged the goods in negligence; the goods have been disassembled, permanently installed, physically altered, used or installed contrary to our own or the manufacturer’s instructions, and/ or have been subjected to misuse or abuse.
3. We sell goods for domestic use only and for the purpose for which it was manufactured. It will also exclude normal wear and tear. If you want to return alleged defective goods in terms of a warranty, we or the manufacturer will assess the goods to determine the reason for the defect.
4. Subject to these terms, all goods carry an implied warranty by following the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, (“CPA”) which gives the consumer the right to return the defective goods in terms of section 20, read together with section 56 of the CPA. Our goods also carry a manufacturers’ warranty, where applicable, which will run concurrently with any warranty in terms of the law. The implied warranty on goods supplied places an obligation on Interiors and/ or the supplier of the product to accept the return of unsafe or defective goods within product specific timeframe. In the event of the goods not complying with requirements and standards contemplated in section 55 of the CPA, 2008, the consumer has the right to return goods to Interiors if:
4.1. The consumer finds within seven (7) days that the goods are unsuitable for a particular purpose for which the consumer has expressed intention to use the goods as contemplated in section 55(3);
4.2. The consumer did not examine the goods and rejected delivery of the goods for any reasons contemplated in section 19(5); and
4.3. The consumer has refused delivery of those goods because they were mixed with items that were not ordered, as contemplated in section 19(8).
5. You are entitled to request to cancel any sale concluded on this website (online sales) within seven (7) days after receipt of the goods and to get a refund (if approved by Interiors). You may also cancel a sale where delivery is delayed beyond the stipulated delivery date/ timeframe (or where none is specified, beyond thirty (30) days from the order date).
6. If we find the goods to not be faulty, you will be liable for all handling and shipping charges; for the collection and the re-delivery of the product to you. You will be liable if the goods are damaged or faulty because of misuse, abuse or negligence.
7. The warranty does not cover any defects caused by foreign objects, including but not limited to:
7.1. Use other than domestic use by the customer or his/ her immediate resident family at the declared addresses appearing on the front of this document;
7.2. Failure by the customer or any other person to comply with the manufacturers’ instructions for installation, maintenance or use;
7.3. The use of accessories which have not been approved by the manufacturer;
7.4. Neglect, misuse, or wilful abuse of the product;
7.5. Rust or the effects of rust;
7.6. Repairs or attempted repairs of the product by any person other than Interiors or its authorised repairers;
7.7. Any modification of the product by any person other than Interiors or its authorised repairers;
7.8. Parts or items of the product which are expected to wear out before the extended warranty period expires.
7.9. Fire, flood, war, civil disturbance, industrial action, acts of God, natural disasters or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Interiors; and
7.10. Any defect arising out of the design of the product.
8. Interiors will not be liable for the costs of:
8.1. Any form of maintenance that might be required (if applicable);
8.2. Work covered by the manufacturers’ recall of the product;
8.3. Call out charges where the breakdown is not covered by the extended warranty; and
8.4. And material or labour which is recoverable from the manufacturer or any person who may be held responsible in terms of any other guarantee or warranty.
9. Interiors will not, in any circumstances, be liable for any consequential loss or damages suffered by the customer, whether directly or indirectly related defect in the product to the extent permissible by law.
10. Repairs may not be affected without prior authorisation from Interiors.
11. With an authorised repairer being called out for a fault covered by the warranty, the supplier shall pay the repairer for all labour and materials supplied in terms of the warranty, while the customer shall be liable to pay the repairer all other charges, including but not limited to the call-out charge should no defect be found in the product. This will be specific to each product and determined by the individual warranty and guarantee. If a products warranty and/ or guarantee has lapsed, the repairs will be for the clients account, unless otherwise discussed.
12. The repair will be carried out in terms of the warranty within a radius determined by the appointed service agent’s premises. Should the repairer be required to travel beyond this radius, we will charge the customer at the prevailing AA rate per kilometre.
13. Interiors’ authorised repairers reserve the right to not do house calls in areas where their safety may be at risk.
14. Certain products will contain their supplier warranty, and we advise you to keep the same and refer to the same warranty for any differences in the above.